- The competition is open to schools, individuals & families who are taking part in World Ocean Day for Schools 2023.
- Five winners will be selected – each winning a £100 voucher for The Wave.
- Only one individual entry per person is permitted.
- By sharing your email address you agree to allow us to contact you regarding this competition.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By participating in this competition, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or the competition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please allow 5 working days for a reply.
Winner selection and notification:
- The prize draw will take place within 2 weeks of the closing date and time.
- The winner of the competition will be notified within 1 week of the draw via email.
Further terms and conditions:
- The promoter of this competition is World Ocean Day for Schools, produced by Protect Blue of 9 Bond Street, St.Helier, Jersey and all references to “us”, “we” or “our” mean World Ocean Day for Schools.
- The prize cannot be changed.
- The prize cannot be sold or exchanged for an alternative in any circumstances. We reserve the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- All costs and expenses not included within the prizes are the responsibility of the winner.
- The competition and these terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, are governed by English law. However, as a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions, including the paragraph above, affects a participant’s rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
- Any dispute relating to the competition and these terms and conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
THE WAVE GIFT CARD AND E-GIFT VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You can use The Wave gift cards or e-gift vouchers at The Wave, Washingpool Farm, BS35 5RE (“The Wave”) to purchase surf sessions, food and drink (excludes third party outlets) and goods from our shop. You can also redeem gift cards and e-gift vouchers online at www.thewave.com or over the phone.
- The following exclusions apply to the use of The Wave gift cards and e-gift vouchers: third party food and beverage suppliers; third party service providers; photo downloads; accommodation bookings; online retail; and electric car charging points. Other exclusions may apply.
- Gift cards or e-gift vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Gift cards or e-gift vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash.
- All gift cards and e-gift vouchers are dated and expire 12 months from the date of issue. Gift cards or e-gift vouchers cannot be used after the stated expiry date unless agreed with The Wave in writing. We will not refund any balance remaining on the gift card or e-gift voucher at the expiry date.
- If The Wave goes into a period of enforced closure due to the coronavirus pandemic, any gift card or e-gift voucher purchased prior to the start of the period of closure shall be automatically extended for the amount of time that The Wave is closed.
- If a gift card or e-gift voucher is used to make a purchase and the total order value is less than the total value of the card or e-gift voucher, any balance will remain on the card or e-gift voucher and may be applied to future purchases, provided the card or e-gift voucher has not expired.
- If a gift card or e-gift voucher is used to make a purchase and the total order value exceeds the balance remaining on the card or e-gift voucher, the remaining amount must be paid via another payment method.
- If a refund is provided for a purchase made using a gift card or e-gift voucher, the value will be refunded back onto that gift card or e-gift voucher, or a new gift card or e-gift voucher will be issued. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Gift cards or e-gift vouchers cannot be sold to any third parties without our prior approval. If we do give our approval, then such approval may be subject to any conditions which we impose.