Session Resources Guide
All the details you need for each session.
Every activity will be viewable from our website unless specifically noted below. All sessions will be available on catch-up apart from those that are live-streamed.
Get a flavour of each session by clicking the activity window on our homepage and playing the trailer.
Don’t forget to dress in blue!
9:00-9:30 – Welcome and kick-off
No resources needed. Simply watch the video from our website.
9:30 – Rockpooling
Ask questions live via the chat window. No other resources needed.
10:00 – Breathe Like a Dolphin
Floor space and a cushion.
10:30 – Connect Stage
- One Planet, One Ocean — Computer or tablet. This is a live session and requires pre-registration.
- Incredible Oceans TV Live! — None.
- Explore Your Blue Mind — TBC
- Exploring the Arctic Ocean — Pen and paper. This is a live session and requires pre-registration.
- Pollution Problems — Download and print this worksheet.
- Shark Conservation — Download this worksheet for after
- Homeschool with Common Seas — Download ‘Home Activities’ from this link (live on Monday)
13:00 – Create Stage
- Using Art to Save Our Seas — Coloured chalk, a place to draw outside or paper.
- Create an Ocean Story with Fabled — Pens and paper.
- How to Cross the Ocean: SUP or Swim Like a Turtle? — Pens and paper.
- Blue Yoga with Natalie Fox — Mat and space to move.
- Author Reading with Sarah Roberts — None.
- Make Microplastic Art with Mandy Barker — Plastic waste from home or school and scissors and a camera or phone to take photos with.
- How to Make a Rain Gauge and Why — Large bottle, scissors, pen, ruler & tape.
- Top Tips to Clean Up! — None.
- Make It Up with Midnight — Plastic bag, plastic bottle, cardboard, pens or paints, glue & string.
- Habi-Hats Creative Challenge with OCT — A long strip of card or paper, colouring pens or pencils, glue, any extra craft bits you want to add as decoration and a stapler.
- Reading: Little Turtle Changes the Tide — None.
- Surf a Wave Around the World — Rope, paper, colouring pencils or pens.
- Become Part of The Sea Monkey Crew — Download and print this workbook. Colouring pencils or pens.
- Craft a Cuttlefish with Kim Hillyard — Two pieces of plain white A4 card, glue, scissors, paint, paintbrushes, water (in a jar) and a selection of coloured pens or pencils.
- Animating Water with Elly Strigner — large cardboard box, cardboard scraps, scissors, blu-tac, glue, crayons, coloured pens or paper, clingfilm, cheap hair gel, empty cup or jar, smartphone. Download app ‘Stop Motion Studio’ (free). Additional: pebbles, building blocks.
- Learn About Hammerhead Sharks and Make Your Own — Download and print this worksheet. Toilet roll, cardboard, paints, scissors, black pen.
- All the Way to the Ocean with Joel Harper — None.
- Send Waves of Optimism with SAS — Download and print this worksheet and follow this instruction guide. Coloured pens or pencils.
16:00 – Connect Stage
No resources needed. Watch the performances on our website.
18:00 – Films
Popcorn and a relaxing chair or couch. Watch the films on our website.